Oxford University Press Canada has an opening for a highly organized and dynamic individual to assume the position of Sales Consultant in the ELT department. The position can be based in either Calgary or Edmonton.
Oxford University Press (OUP) is the largest and second oldest university press in the world. Its imprint carries authority, its standards of book production are high, and its range of interests is wide. A department of the University of Oxford, the Press is not a company and it pays no dividend. It is devoted to the spread of knowledge, and its entire surplus is devoted to the furtherance of scholarship, education, and research through transfers to the wider University.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategically focusing time and efforts on key sales opportunities to grow the assigned territory. The sales representative should thrive in an independent, fast-moving work environment. He or she should be able to prioritize effectively in order to meet and surpass set sales targets.
Specific duties include:
- Meeting with existing customers to ensure continued loyalty and satisfaction with OUP products
- Growing existing customer base by researching new opportunities and following up on leads
- Visiting customers and prospects daily to discuss their specific course needs and match those needs to OUP products
- Effectively managing daily and weekly paperwork and administrative tasks, including weekly sales reports and expense reports
- Successfully planning daily, weekly, and monthly itineraries, matching potential business opportunities to school visits
- Successfully implementing specific marketing campaigns to increase sales opportunities
- Implementing strategic planning to develop and secure new business opportunities Sourcing possible author candidates, and sending market information to the acquisitions group
- Collaboratively working with colleagues and management in team settings Attending and leading workshops at local displays and conferences
- Effectively managing daily and weekly paperwork and administrative tasks
- Developing strong relationships with customers and authors
The successful candidate will possess a university degree and a valid driver’s licence. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills are essential. A second language and previous ESL and/or sales experience will be considered an asset.
Oxford University Press offers a competitive salary, company car, and bonus designed to reward performance. Overnight travel is required.
Applicants should forward their résumé and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager