Oxford University Press Canada has an opening for a highly organized individual to assume the position of Business Operations Coordinator at the distribution centre located in Brampton, Ontario.
This position is responsible for assisting the warehouse manager in coordinating the flow of customer orders to the warehouse floor and supporting the warehouse as a customer service contact. This position will require use of the SAP system to release work to the warehouse, resolve minor problems, and handle special orders. Position will function as a facility supervisor in the absence of a manager and supervisor being present onsite.
- Release work to the floor to support warehouse operations
- Provide customer service support on warehouse operations issues
- Perform data entry activities, including updating reports and production statistics
- Investigate and reconcile inventory reports in SAP
- Monitor and process the release of rush and same day customer orders
- Identify and resolve minor system data maintenance and reconciliation
- Ensure all receiving/returns activities are performed according to SOP’s
- Provide assistance for Business Operations Department with other tasks as required
- Assist inbound and outbound operations with data entry, data cleanup, and data reconciliation
- Maintain a safe secure working environment for all associates
Education/Business Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in distribution/warehouse operations and WMS systems
- Solid working knowledge of the SAP is preferred
- Data-entry speed and accuracy is required, with previous data-entry experience preferable
- Basic PC skills are required (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to recognize and handle problem situations is important, as is the ability to meet deadlines
- This position requires a person who is organized, detail orientated, and reliable
- Ability to multitask and take on additional responsibilities
Reports to: Warehouse Manager - Brampton
Interested applicants should forward their résumé to:
Human Resources Assistant
Oxford University Press welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.