We are currently seeking a part time Book Designer to join the talented team in our Don Mills location.
As a Book Designer for Oxford University Press, you will assist in the design and production of our wide range of books and publications.
We are looking for a Book Designer who is not only highly creative, but also possesses strong pre-press print production skills, demonstrates confidence and a collaborative attitude.
What we need from you:
- Exceptional layout skills, precision, and attention to detail.
- experience working with multiple-page documents in InDesign.
- A high level of creativity and an eye for strong typography.
- The ability to problem solve - take a design beyond personal style, to best suit the subject matter and target audience.
- Experience designing book interiors, preferably for the post-secondary educational market, would be considered a significant asset.
- Work with SalesForce.com database to update sampling and assist with sales efforts.
- The ability to work to a tight schedule, manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- The successful candidate will have a university degree or college diploma in graphic design, with at least one year of work experience. Applicants are also required to be Mac literate and intimately acquainted with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Some familiarity with Quark Xpress would be an asset.
This position is a six-month contract consisting of 21 hours/week, on-site at our Shops at Don Mills location. Days worked will be flexible in order to accommodate other part-time commitments. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants should forward their résumé and cover letter and portfolio or web link with samples of multi-page layouts to:
Human Resources Assistant
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.