Higher Education Division PolicyEffective 1st January 2011
The following applies to all books and materials (excluding software) from whatever source that have been supplied by Oxford University Press Canada.
- Returns Management Authorization:
Effective 1st January 2011, we will move to a returns authorization process, allowing us to process your returns more efficiently.
- Paperwork for all Oxford University Press returns should be forwarded to our Customer Service department. This information will be keyed into our system and a Returns Authorization will be sent to you within 10 business days.
- Once your return has been authorized, it can be sent directly to our distribution centre at the address below.
- Products returned but not approved by the OUP Returns Authorization will be returned to the customer at their expense.
- Products You May Return:
- Oxford University Press or our agencies' materials invoiced more than three (3) months and less than fifteen (15) months prior to their return, provided they have not been replaced by a new edition (see 3b below).
- Products must be received in mint saleable condition. Product that is shop-worn, stickered or stamped by the customer, or in an otherwise unsalable condition, will not be accepted for credit.
- Defective materials shipped in error, or books received in defective condition - please contact Customer Service within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Customer Service will issue a Returns Authorization identifying the reason for the return and will make any necessary arrangements. In the case of short shipments, notification must also be sent to Oxford University Press Canada within fifteen (15) days of receipt.
- Products You May Not Return:
- No product may be returned after fifteen (15) months from date of invoice.
- Superseded editions of college textbooks must be returned within one month of the publication of a new edition or no credit will be allowed. Please review the Bookseller's page on our Higher Education Website for Out of Print and New Edition notices, posted monthly or check ISBN's on our Online Ordering portal.
- Books purchased as remainders or on a non-returnable basis may not be returned for credit.
- Custom Publications are returnable up to 10% of the total quantity invoiced.
- Shrink-wrapped packages will only be accepted for credit if they are returned in their original, unopened packaging.
- Make on Demand titles: Effective 1st June 2011, returns of titles coded MAKE ON DEMAND will no longer be accepted.
- Credit Amount:
Unless the invoice number or a copy of the invoice is enclosed, credit on all returns will be issued according to the original price charged less a ten percent (10%) restocking charge.
- How Products Should Be Returned:
All products must be accompanied by a packing slip along with the OUP Returns Authorization paperwork. Please also include:
- Total number of cartons being returned.
- Full name and address of sender.
- Where To Send Returns:
Shipments are made at the sender's own risk, and must be wrapped securely and forwarded prepaid to:
Oxford University Press Returns Dept.Oxford University Press reserves the right to refuse any return not made in accordance with the above conditions.
1925 Williams Parkway East, Unit 4
Brampton, ON L6S 2M3