Laura Mitchell and David A. Mitchell
The new edition of this best-selling pocket guide covers the whole of clinical dentistry in a concise format. The authors have distilled the essentials of clinical practice into a readily accessible style with blank pages provided for readers to add their own notes. This edition has been
completely revised with a wealth of new information including web-based learning and useful websites, more diagrams and full colour clinical pictures.
New material has been included on recent restorative techniques; practice management; the latest developments in therapeutics;
orthodontics; paediatric dentistry; life support algorithms, bisphosphonates and dentistry; plus an expanded section of useful websites.
This new edition is now in full colour throughout, with more images and many new diagrams.
1. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: History and examination
2. Dr Stephen Fayle and Miss Esther McDerra: Preventive and community dentistry
3. Dr Stephen Fayle and Miss Esther McDerra: Paediatric dentistry
4. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Orthodontics
Mrs Lorna McCaul: Periodontology
6. Mrs Lorna McCaul: Restorative dentistry
7. Mrs Lorna McCaul: Prosthetics and gerodontology
8. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Oral surgery
9. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Oral medicine
10. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr
David Mitchell: Maxillofacial surgery
11. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Medicine relevant to dentistry
12. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Therapeutics
13. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Analgesia, anaesthesia, and sedation
14. Mr Lee Savarrio:
15. Ms Yvonne Shaw: Law and ethics
16. Ms Yvonne Shaw: Professionalism and communication
17. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Practice management
18. Mrs Laura Mitchell and Mr David Mitchell: Syndromes of the head and neck
19. Mrs Laura Mitchell and
Mr David Mitchell: Useful information and addresses
There are no Instructor/Student Resources available at this time.
Laura Mitchell qualified in Dundee in 1981. After completing junior hospital posts, she specialised in Orthodontics. Whilst undertaking speciality training, she co-authored the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry with David Mitchell. This book is now has sold in excess of 75,000 copies and
is published in 9 languages. She is also author of An Introduction to Orthodontics (third edition). Laura was appointed Consultant Orthodontist in Middlesbrough in 1992, then moved to St Lukes's Hospital in Bradford. Honorary Senior Lecturer at Leeds Dental Institute, she is an active clinician,
teacher, and nominated cleft orthodontist for a population of nearly 1 million. She is currently, a Member of the Board of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Chair of the Faculty's IT Committee, Chairman of the Boards of the Intercollegiate Speciality
Fellowship in Orthodontics; the Diploma in Orthodontic Therapy and Diploma in Primary Care Orthodontics examinations. David Mitchell is qualified in dentistry and medicine, and from 1981 to 1998 he trained in dental, general, and oral & maxillofacial surgery. From 1998, he worked as Consultant Oral
& Maxillofacial Surgeon, building a District General Hospital department and regional specialist practice in maxillofacial oncology and reconstruction. Achievements include 5 editions of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry, over 100 publications, and a decade on the editorial board of the
British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. A member of the FDS education committee, he is an 'Advanced Trauma Life Support' and 'Training the Trainers' Instructor and created a well established regional hospital induction course for dentists wishing to work in the general hospital environment.
An elected council member of the British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, David is co-chair of an international flap raising and microvascular course and has teaching links in Europe, the US and the Middle East.