1. History of Childhood
2. Social Theories of Childhood
3. Research with Children
4. Parent(s) and Children-Socialization in the Home
5. Schooling and Peer Groups
6. Children and the Mass Media/Children as Consumers
Childhood Education and Care
8. Newcomers and First Comers: Immigrant, Refugee, and Aboriginal Children
9. Child Poverty
10. Divorce, Custody, and Child Support
11. Child Abuse and Child Protection in Canada
12. The Disappearance of Childhood?
There are no Instructor/Student Resources available at this time.
Patrizia Albanese is Associate Professor of Sociology at Ryerson University. She is Co-director of the Centre for Children, Youth, and Families at Ryerson University. She is also a co-editor with Lorne Tepperman of Sociology: A Canadian Perspective 2/e.
Exploring Family Theories
- Edited by Suzanne R. Smith, Raeann R. Hamon, The late Bron B. Ingoldsby and J. Elizabeth MillerChoices and Constraints in Family Life
- Maureen BakerCanadian Families Today
- Edited by David ChealFamily Patterns, Gender Relations
- Edited by Bonnie J. FoxChildren and Society
- Gerald Handel, Spencer Cahill and Frederick Elkin