The late Willard G. Oxtoby and Amir Hussain
This contributed volume examines in detail the major Western religious traditions, namely Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam, and religions of the ancient world. The text traces each tradition in depth from its origins, through its development, to the religion's meaning and practice in
today's society. Comprehensive and accessible, the new third edition offers a thorough and engaging introduction to the Western faiths.
Alan Segal: Preface
1. Roy C. Amore and Amir Hussain: About Religion
2. Michael Desrochers: Traditions of the Ancient World (NEW)
3. Alan Segal: Jewish Traditions
4. Roy Amore: Christian Traditions
5. Amir Hussain: Muslim Traditions
Derry: Indigenous Traditions (NEW)
7. Roy Amore: New Religions and Movements (NEW)
8. Amir Hussain and Roy Amore: Current Trends in Religion
Student Study Guide
The late Willard G. Oxtoby was a Professor Emeritus at the University of Toronto, where he launched the graduate program in the study of religion.
Amir Hussain is a Professor in the Department of Theological Studies at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. For 2011
to 2015, he is the editor of the Journal of the American Academy of Religion, the field's most respected journal.
- The late Willard G. Oxtoby
Edited by Roy C. AmoreWorld Religions Today
- John L. Esposito, Darrell J. Fasching, Todd Lewis and Paul BowlbyReligions of the West Today
- John L. Esposito, Darrell J. Fasching and Todd LewisReligions of Asia Today
- John L. Esposito, Darrell J. Fasching and Todd LewisA Concise Introduction to World Religions / Document Guide for the Humanities Pack
- Edited by The late Willard G. Oxtoby and Alan F. SegalDeconstructing Men & Masculinities
- Michael Atkinson