Introduction: What Went Wrong?
Part One: Two Visions of Canada
1. The First Century: Separate Nationalities
2. The 1960s: Coming to Terms with Duality and Quebec Nationalism
3. Trudeau and the New Federal Orthodoxy: Denying the Quebec Question
Part Two: Making a New
4. Official Bilingualism: Linguistic Equality from Sea to Sea
5. Multiculturalism: Reining in Duality
6. Federalism and the Constitution: Entrenching the Trudeau Vision
7. The Failure of the Trudeau Strategy
Part Three: Failing to Repair the Damage
Bringing Quebec into the Constitution: Missing Two Chances
9. The 1995 Quebec Referendum: Making Sovereignty a Real Possibility
10. Conclusion: Is Separation the Only Answer?
There are no Instructor/Student Resources available at this time.
Kenneth McRoberts is at York University.
Making Sense in the Social Sciences
- Margot Northey, Lorne Tepperman and Patrizia Albanese
Please check back for the special features of this book.